The Indian Premier League (IPL) is the world’s most popular cricket tournament. The IPL is watched by people all around the world. IPL tournament sponsored by Tata since 2022 and will do the same this year. As you know earlier it was sponsored by Vivo. IPL is the world’s largest league in the T-20 format where legendary players play at one time from various countries. IPL completed its 15th season and is now conducting its 16th season from 25th March to 28th May 2023.
IPL 2023 Auction
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has officially confirmed that the IPL 2023 Auction will be held on 23 Dec 2023 in Kochi at 2:30 (IST). A total of 405 players were contenders by 10 teams coming out of the beginning list of approximately 1000 players. Out of 405 Players, almost 273 are Indian and 132 are foreigners. 19 international players were selected to be in the top category. The highest reserve fee is 2 crore. The auction list consists of 11 players with a starting price of Rs 1.5 crore.
IPL 2023 Teams fund, Players, Reserved Players
- CSK (Chennai Super Kings) – The Chennai super kings cricket team was Founded in 2008 that plays in IPL. The present coach of the team is Stephen Fleming and captaincy by MS Dhoni. CSK is the second number in winning IPL titles it has won 4 trophies until now in 2010, 2011,2018, and 2021. The 4 reserved players of CSK are MS Dhoni in 12cr, Ravindra Chandra Jadeja in 16cr, Moeen Ali in 8cr, and Ruturaj Gaikwad in 6cr. The total number of players in CSK is 18 of which 6 are foreign players. The remaining funds of CSK are 20.45 crores.
- 2. RCB (Royal Challenger Bangalore) – The RCB cricket team franchise was founded in 2008 and placed in Banglore (Karnataka). RCB never lifted the IPL trophy but play finals three times in 2009 with SRH, in 2011 with CSK, and from the back with SRH in 2016. This team reserves 3 players first is Virat Kohli in the amount of 15cr second is Glenn Maxwell in 12cr and third is Mohammed Siraj in 7cr. The remaining funds of RCB are 8.75 Crores. The total number of players in RCB is 18 players of which 6 are foreigners.
- 3. MI (Mumbai Indians) – The MI was established in 2008 in Mumbai (Maharashtra) and recognized by reliance industries. The head coach of the team is Mahela Jayawardene and the captain of the team is Rohit Sharma. MI is the most successful Indian Premier League cricket team having won 5 trophies so far in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020. The three reserved players of the Mumbai Indians is Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, and Kieron pollard and the sold price of these three players is 16 crore, 12 crores, and 6 crores in INR. The total number of players of the MI team is 16 Indians and 5 foreign players. The remaining fund by MI is 20.55 crores.
- 4. SRH (Sunriser Hyderabad) – The Sunrises Hyderabad cricket franchise was established in 2012 its placed in Hyderabad (Telengana). SRH’s old name is Deccan Charges. The captain and coach of this team Kane Williamson and Brian Lara is a foreigner cricketers. SRH won the 1st IPL title to defeat RCB in IPL 2016. The three reserved players of SRH before the auction is Kane Williamson in the amount of Rs 14 crore, Abdul Samad, and Umran Malik in the amount of Rs 4 crore. The remaining fund of SRH is 42.55 crores (INR) in IPL 2022, This is the highest amount against other teams. SRH take only 12 players of which 4 are foreigners.
- 5. DC (Delhi Capitals) – The Delhi Capitals cricket team was set up in February 2008 in Delhi Jaitley stadium its home ground. The captain of the team is Rishabh Pant and the coach is Ricky Ponting. Delhi capitals are not won one IPL trophy but in 2020 this gone first time in the final and was lost to Mumbai Indians. The 4 already selected players in DC, first is Rishabh pant at the price of 16 crores, second is Axar Patel at 9 crores, third is Prithvi Shaw at 7.5 crores, and last Anrich Nortje at 6.5 crores. They needed a total of 20 players of which 6 are foreign cricket players. The remaining funding of DC is 19 crore 45 lakh rupees.
- 6. GT (Gujrat Titans) – The Gujrat Titans well known IPL team won the last TATA IPL trophy under the captaincy of Hardik Pandya. Gujrat Titans were established in October 2021 and is located in Gujrat’s capital Ahmedabad it first played season IPL 2022. The current head coach of GT teams is Ashish Nehra and the captain is Hardik Pandya. GT selected 3 players for its IPL season 16 in 2023. Hardik Pandya and Rashid Khan are selected in the amount of 15 crores and Shubman Gill for 8 crore INR. The number of total players in IPL 2023 by GT is 18 players in this 5 are foreign players. The remaining amount of Gujrat Titans is 19.25 Crores.
- 7. LSG (Lucknow Super Giants) – The Lucknow Super Giants were recently added to the Indian Premier League it’s only played one season in IPL. This team was established in October 2021 based in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh). The current coach of the team is Andy Flower and the captain is K L Rahul. The three reserved players of the team are KL Rahul sold price of 17 crores, Marcus Stoinis at 9.2 crores, and last is Ravi Bishnoi at 4 crores. The remaining fund of the team is 23.35 crores. The number of players in IPL 2023 by LSG is 15 of which 4 players are foreigners.
- 8. PBKS (Panjab Kings) – The Punjab kings cricket team franchise was established in 2008 its home ground is PCA (Punjab Cricket Association) Stadium located in Mohali (Punjab). This team never won anyone IPL title in the past 15 seasons but played one final with Kolkata Knight Rider. Shikhar Dhawan is the captain of the team and the coach is Trevor Bayliss. Mayank Agarwal, Shikhar Dhawan, and Arshdeep Singh are the three reserve players of the Punjab Kings team, in the amount of 12 Crore, 8.50 Crore, and 4 Crore. Punjab Kings have a number of players in IPL 2023 at 16 out of which 5 are foreign players. The remaining fund of Punjab Kings is 32 crore and 20 lakh rupees.
- 9. RR (Rajasthan Royals) – The Rajasthan Royals was established in 2008 the home ground of the team is SMS (Sawai Mansingh Stadium) located in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Rajasthan Royals won IPL 2008 trophy and in the 2022 IPL, this team was gone till the end. The coach of this team is Kumar Sangakkara and the captaincy by Sanju Samson. RR has reserved three of its players ahead of IPL 2023, the first player is Sanju Samson for Rs 14 crore, the second player is Jos Buttler for Rs 10 crore and the third is Yashasvi Jaiswal for Rs 4 crore. The funds remaining by Rajasthan Royals are 13.20 crores rupees. The number of players playing for RR in IPL 2023 is 16 of which 4 are foreigners.
- 10. KKR (Kolkata Knight Rider) – The KKR cricket team franchise was established in January 2008. This team recognizes by Bollywood stars Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla. The captain of this team is Shreyas Iyer and the team coach is Shrikant Pandit. KKR won twice IPL trophies first in 2012 and second in 2014. This team reserved 5 players Shreyas Iyer (12.25 Cr), Venkatesh Iyer (8 cr), Andre Russell (12cr), Sunil Narine (6 cr), and Varun Chakravarthy (8cr). KKR reserved 14 players of which 5 are foreigners. The remaining fund by KKr is 7.05 crores.